A very happy (and belated) Christmas to you all! After a few days rest and some much needed family time, I’m very excited to be sharing the recipe for this incredibly delicious bundt cake which I made for a festive dinner party. I know you’re probably sick of cake if your festive eating habits were anything like mine but this one is a winner & kinda one of your five a day…right?
With a light, moist and citrusy sponge accompanied by the tang of juicy cranberries and a creamy white chocolate drizzle, this easy to bake bundt cake is a recipe I’ll be using all year round.
Halved, this recipe can also be used to make 10-12 yummy muffins!
Recipe (fills a 25cm fluted ring bundt tin):
- Zest of one large orange
- 250g unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 175g dried cranberries
- 75g white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom essence (optional – I really like the subtle floral note in this flavouring but should you want a more intense orange taste, add zest from another orange)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees C and grease your bundt cake tin thoroughly with butter, making sure you get within all the grooves/creases
- Set side and beat together the butter, orange zest (and orange flavouring, optional) and sugar until light and fluffy. Next add the eggs one by one, stirring continuously until well combined
- Follow by adding the flour, salt, baking powder and milk and mix together until all the ingredients is fully combined and you have a smooth, creamy cake batter. Fold in the cranberries and pour your mixture into your greased tin
- Once all the mixture has filled the entire surface of your bundt tin, give it a gentle tap on the work top to ensure all the mixture falls within the creases and then smooth the top so you have an even bake
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the sponge has cooked through and is light golden brown in colour and remove to cool
- Once the cake has cooled (usually 20-30 mins after) turn upside down to reveal your unique bundt design
- Leave to cool further before warming up the white chocolate in a microwave for around 2 minutes (checking every 10 seconds and stirring) then drizzle over your cooled sponge cake
- Leave so the chocolate sets slightly and then serve