Yet another delicious recipe you can create with overripe fruit! These banana pancakes are the perfect start to your Sunday and so, so easy to make.
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 15g unsalted butter, melted (plus a little extra for greasing the frying pan)
- 75g self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar or golden caster sugar
- 60ml whole milk
- Maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Blueberries/bananas/strawberries to serve (optional)
- Start by mashing your banana into a bowl and set aside. Next, add the flour, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir until combined
- Next, add the banana, milk, melted butter and whisked egg to the mixture and whisk together all of the ingredients until fully combined (you may still have some lumps from the banana which is fine, what you don’t want however are lumps from the flour!)
- Once the mixture has almost doubled in size and resembles a thick batter, take a little nob of butter and place in a non stick frying pan over a low heat
- Once the butter has evaporated, but coated the pan, use a ladle to pour the pancake mixture into the centre of the pan and leave to cook on one side for 1-2 minutes before flipping and then serve with some fruit and a drizzle of maple or golden syrup
Why not try some of my other banana inspired recipes here.