When someone asks you what your favourite dessert is it’s like they’re asking you what parent you prefer. The truth is, it’s really hard to choose a favourite when you love them all so much. When I crave a dessert, it is however almost always a Banoffee pie, probably because it contains three ingredients which make the heart and soul happy.
This is a super easy treat with just a little twist to make it even more delicious. Bring it to the table on a summers evening (preferably after a stack of BBQ’d meat) and you’re onto a winner of a Bank Holiday.
Ingredients (makes four individual pies):
- 275g Oreo, crushed
- 90g melted unsalted butter
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 150ml Carnation Caramel
- 200ml double cream, whipped
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Grease four small loose bottomed tart tins (mine were 12cm in size) with butter. Pour the Oreo crumbs and melted butter into a bowl and mix together until the mixture begins to clump together (the same consistency when making a base for a cheesecake)
- Pour enough of the biscuit/butter mixture to cover the sides and base of each tart tin – do this by pressing with the back of a metal spoon. Place the tins into the fridge for 10-20 minutes until set. Next, slice the bananas and place on top of your set biscuit bases. Warm the caramel in the microwave for around 10 seconds if it doesn’t become runny by stirring it, then pour over the bananas until almost reaching the top of the biscuit cases
- Place back in the fridge whilst you whip the cream then pipe swirls of whipped cream on top of the tarts and dust with cocoa powder/chocolate shavings whatever your heart desires
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve and consume within 2 days
Enjoy! Nic x