On the same day that I share with you my new found love of making Cookie Dough (and a killer recipe to boot) I’m also excited to give you this Peanut Butter Oreo stuffed Cookie recipe!
When you combine two of the greatest things, you know the result can only be amazing and that’s exactly what these Cookies are. That and they’re dead easy to make. The reason why I chose Peanut Butter Oreos (though you can choose any you like) is because the saltiness of the Peanut Butter matches perfectly to the sweetness of the cookie – when enjoyed warm, it’s even better!
Ingredients (makes 12 large cookies):
- One batch of Cookie Dough
- 12 Peanut Butter Oreos
- If you’re using pre-made Cookie Dough, make sure you leave it out of the fridge for around 20 minutes so you can work with it easier
- If the Cookie Dough has reached room temperature, use your hands and golf ball sized amount of cookie dough. If it’s still stiff, cut two 2cm thick rounds from your cookie dough sausage with a sharp knife
- Place an Oreo on top of half of the Cookie dough and then place the other on top. Press down the sides to ensure the Oreo stays inside the Cookie and place on a lined baking tray 3cm apart from the others
- Place in an oven for 8-12 minutes until the dough is a light golden brown in colour – the Cookie will still be soft at this point and this is a GOOD THING as the biscuit will harden as its left to cool – but not too much, you’ll still be left with a gorgeously soft baked Cookie
Enjoy! These Cookies can keep for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container x