Everyone loves a bandwagon, am I right? Thanks to the babes that head up Meringue Girls, we have become pretty obsessed with Unicorns over the past year – who thought poo could be so adorable – and so it should come as no surprise that I bring you this recipe today.
Inspired by those at Delish, this fun loving beverage is guaranteed to brighten up your day (I mean, LOOK at it) and it tastes insanely good too. With just a few ingredients, its how you dress it up which makes this treat look so fabulous so gel food colourings are an absolute must here along with anything sweet and brightly coloured. I opted for some sprinkles, chopped up Flumps and some mini marshmallows, you can also add Party Rings, Lucky Charms….
TIP: The white chocolate and milk can separate so serve immediately and stir with a straw
Why not team this with my Unicorn Rocky Road recipe.
Ingredients (serves two when using large glass Kilner jars):
For the base –
- 125g White Chocolate
- 800ml milk (I used semi-skimmed)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink food gel
For the decoration/topping –
- 280ml double cream
- Food gels in pink, light blue and purple
- Edible glitter in baby blue and baby pink
- Mini marshmallows
- 2 Flumps, cut up into chunks
- Start by making the whipped cream: Using a hand held whisk, whip the double cream until soft peaks. Separate the cream into three bowls and add the 3 food colours into an individual bowl so you have one pink, one blue and one purple cream. Set aside
- Next heat the white chocolate, milk and vanilla in a large pan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once all the white chocolate has dissolved, add tiny amounts of pink food colouring (add as much or as little as you like, it can be any shade of pink) and stir. Pour immediately into your mugs and top with alternative blobs of coloured whipped cream
- Decorate to your hearts content with sprinkles, mini marshmallows, edible glitter and flumps and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Unicorn Hot Chocolate”
Need to make these
LikeLiked by 1 person
Its a white chocolate dream! They need to be drank as soon as you make them, felt bad when I had to stop and take pictures so can’t wait to drink them for fun again