“You think they’ve thought of it all, you think ‘Where can they go with this next?’ and then they hit you with it. I mean mint Baileys! Whatever will they think of next!”
For those of you who don’t watch it, this is a quote from yet another Christmas classic, Gavin and Stacey because let’s face it, what is Christmas without a little tipple of Baileys. This homemade version is perfect for gifts and the added touch of some crushed After-Eights make it extra festive (not to mention, delish).
Easy to make, just blend all the ingredients (below) together and decanter into some glass jars/bottles.
Tip: As an extra special gift at Christmas, I like to give friends & family a little jar of home made Irish Cream along with a jar of hot chocolate. Boozy adult hot chocolate is always a good idea at Christmas, right?
Ingredients (makes around 1 litre):
- 300ml single cream
- 370ml (or a 35cl bottle) Irish whiskey
- 1x 397g can of condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Camp coffee extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 6 After Eight mints or equivalent
- 3-4 tsp cocoa powder or chocolate sauce
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a large blender (I recommend breaking up the chocolate mints) and place the blender on medium speed for around 45 seconds. Taste to see if any coffee extract, chocolate or cream is needed
- Once right, decanter into sterilised bottles and store on the fridge until you’re ready to serve/give to friends and family
- The Irish Cream will keep for up to two months, shake before use as the chocolate can separate
‘Tis the season to be jolly! Nic x